Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Statement of Process

In this statement of process, everything that I did on this blog will be explained. All of the steps that were taken in creating each of the posts will also be included and detailed.

-The poem that I created was based on my prior knowledge of the Louisiana Purchase. I tried to make it resemble a song, except without a chorus.

-My works cited/bibliography is every and any source that I used to give me information or pictures for my blog. Even sources that I barely looked at are still included.

-My advertisement was created in a way that would be appealing to most, because that is what an advertisement is supposed to do, lure the reader/viewer into buying the advertised product, in this case land. There were few sources that I relied on while creating this advertisement.

-I created the trivia game because I thought that it would be fun figuring out how to create a game. Eventually, I decided on using polls to create a trivia game. On Saturday, 5/7/08, I will release my answers on a post.

-The character profile came from a lot of my sources combined together, but one source that really helped me was millercenter.org. It gave me information like the Thomas Jefferson's nickname and what he called his kids.

-The words put in my glossary are ones that my friends suggested. I had them read through my blog and search for words that are hard to understand. Then, using dictionary.com, I found the definitions for some of the words, while the rest were in my own words.

-I made the letter to sound as if Thomas Jefferson actually wrote it. I made sure that no modern-day words or slang was included to make it sound like it was actually written in that time period.

-My news article is based on the way that real news articles are made. I tried to make it follow the inverted triangle as best as possible.

-My second attempt at my skit was much better than my first. The first play that I tried creating came out well, but barely had ant facts in it at all. I changed the topic of the play and even added some facts to it.

-Like my letter, I tried to make Thomas Jefferson's journal entry as authentic as possible. No slang that you will hear today is in there at all!

-Thanks to Jefferson's West, I was able to find out some of the information that needed to be included into my timeline. A lot of the other information was from other sources, so the readers of this blog would get a little bit of everything.

-All of the sources that I found came in handy when I was writing my essay. They each contributed different information that helped my essay turn into what it is now.

-Finally, my reflection tells a lot of the things that I learned, some of the standards that were addressed, and my feelings on this project. It all came from inside of me, and not from any source.

3 comments:

LAWRENCE... said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ms. Sackstein said...

remarkably detailed and well thought out... it is great that you are so aware of your process.

Jonathan P said...

Thank you!